How to make Fiat deposits into your Coindirect account
Depositing Fiat into your Coindirect account is very simple and easy.
Log into your Coindirect account and go to the Wallets section (On the website there will be an icon which says ‘Transact’, and on the Coindirect app you can select the wallet you want to fund).
Follow these steps to make your ZAR/ EUR/ GBP deposit:
- Click the “Transact” button in your ZAR/ EUR/ GBP wallet
- Click on the ‘Fund’ or ‘Fund now’ button.
- Enter the amount you would like to deposit and click on ‘Transfer Now’ (You also have the option of using your credit card to purchase crypto directly!)
- Choose your bank from which you would like to make the deposit from.
Choose between ‘Traditional Deposit’ and ‘Instant EFT’.
- When choosing ‘Traditional Deposit’, make a note of the bank details displayed as well as your unique customer reference number. Click ‘Done’.
- ZAR reference starting with “D”.
- EUR reference starting with “E”.
- GBP reference starting with “G”.
- Log into your online banking website and add the details as a beneficiary. You can use the same reference number going forward as this is how we will link the deposit to your account.
- Make a bank transfer from your bank account to the Coindirect banking details provided, making sure you use the correct reference number.
Different payment methods when making fiat deposits
We support many payment methods when making Fiat deposits. These include:
- ZAR Bank transfers (any local SA bank)
- Debit or Credit Card payments
- EUR SEPA payments
- GBP UK Faster payments
- TransferWise (Wire transfer)
- Please refrain from making cash deposits.
- When funding your account with your debit or credit card, please ensure that you are the account holder.
- As an extra layer of security, you may be asked to provide Proof of Card Ownership. Please note that whenever you are submitting documents or images that contain your full debit/credit card number you need to hide the middle 6 digits (123456******1234) and you must always hide your CVV (secure 3 digit code at the back of card)..
- We do not accept third-party deposits or payments.
How long does it take for a Fiat deposit to reflect?
Coindirect will be able to credit your deposit to your ZAR wallet, once we’ve received notification from our bank and are able to allocate the deposit to your account based on the reference number provided.
If you’ve used the correct reference number and banking details, and no technical problems are experienced in terms of Coindirect receiving notifications from our banks, then the deposit will reflect in your ZAR wallet within a few minutes or up to 3 business days later, depending on who you bank with.
- Immediate or instant payments could take a few hours to reflect.
- Same bank payments can take up to 24 hours hours to reflect.
- Interbank payments take up to 2 business days to reflect.
What if I used the incorrect reference when making the deposit?
Please contact us at https://help.coindirect.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and send us your proof of payment showing the reference number you used.
This will assist our finance team in locating your deposit.
Your proof of payment should include:
- Amount deposited
- Depositor's name
- Date of deposit
- Beneficiary statement (references used)
We do not accept the following as proof of payment:
Please allow up to 2 business days in order for manual reconciliation to take place and your account to be manually credited.
Limits and fees on making deposits
There is a minimum deposit of 5000 ZAR/500 EUR/GBP for new sign ups.
How to make cryptocurrency deposits
Making cryptocurrency deposits into your Coindirect account is very simple and easy to do.
Firstly, log into your Coindirect account and go to the Wallets section.
Follow these steps to make your cryptocurrency deposit:
- Click on the specific type of cryptocurrency you want to deposit into your Coindirect account.
- Click on the ‘Receive’ icon on the right.
- This page will contain your Barcode and wallet address for depositing your crypto. Make sure you enter the correct wallet address!
Your cryptocurrency deposit is now complete.
How long does it take for a cryptocurrency deposit to reflect?
Cryptocurrency deposits are confirmed via the blockchain. The different confirmation times on the blockchain vary with each specific cryptocurrency and will determine when your cryptocurrency has reflected in your wallet.
The amount of time it takes for the cryptocurrency to reflect in your wallet is also determined by the amount of cryptocurrency you’re transferring.
The higher the amount of cryptocurrency, the quicker it will reflect in your wallet!
What if my cryptocurrency deposit is not reflecting?
If your cryptocurrency deposit is not reflecting, please contact us at https://help.coindirect.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and please provide us with the wallet address and hash ID for your transaction in paste format.
Trade brokers and Third party deposits
For the safety of all our clients, please note we do not approve or accept trader broker transactions or any third party deposits or any third party access to your Coindirect account.
Your Coindirect account should be treated like a bank account, only you should carry out transactions and have access to your account.
Which cryptocurrencies do we support for deposits?
The cryptocurrencies we support for deposits are:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Dai (DAI)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Ripple (XRP)
- USD Coin (USDC)
- Tether (USDT)