Head on over to our security settings page to activate two-factor authentication. We recommend you use mobile and paper-based authentication. When activating two-factor authentication, it is very important that you write down the backup code and keep it in a safe place, preferably on paper.
Step by step instructions:
Coindirect has implemented Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) as is an effective and increasingly important security feature to ensure the safety of your funds.
2FA delivers an extra layer of protection for user accounts, which significantly decreases the risk of unauthorised access to your account.
Currently we recommend Google Authenticator as our recommended 2FA partner. Other 2FA apps will also work, as long as they are able to scan a QR code. You can download the Google Authenticator app on any mobile device from the Apple or Google app store.
Steps to enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on your Coindirect Account.
1. Download the Authenticator App onto your Mobile device from the Apple or Google App store.
2. Navigate to 2FA page under the Security settings section page on your Coindirect profile.
3. You will be shown a QR code that can be used to create your 2FA code on your Authenticator App.
4. Select the “+” button on your Google Authenticator app to add the QR code. The app will ask to make use of your camera to scan the above QR code.
5. After successfully scanning the QR code, the App will generate a 6 digit code that will be refreshed every 30 seconds.
6. Enter the 6 digit code under the 2FA section of your Coindirect profile and select “Verify”.
7. Once you have successfully verified the below message will be displayed.
If you have completed the above steps, Congratulations! You have now successfully enabled 2FA on your Coindirect account and have successfully increased the security on your account.
Going forward, the 2FA code will be required whenever you Login to your account, or whenever you request a withdrawal from your Coindirect account.
If you have any questions or require assistance in setting up 2FA on your account, please contact our support team on firstname.lastname@example.org.